Name: Justice Faisal Arab
Father’s Name: Late Muhammad Hussain Arab
Date of Birth: 5th November, 1955
Graduate in Commerce in 1978, from Government College of Commerce & Economics, Karachi. L.L.B in 1989, from Sindh Muslim Law College, Karachi.
Enrolled As an Advocate
In 1990, as Lower Court Advocate.
In 1992, as High Court Advocate.
In 2005, as Supreme Court Advocate.
Experience In Legal Profession
February 1989 to January 1990
Internship with Fakhruddin G. Ebrahim & Company after law graduation.
February 1990 to September 1990
Employed as an associate advocate in law firm Surridge & Bacheno dealing in Labour Law cases.
October 1990 to October 2000
Employed as an associate advocate at Fakhruddin G. Ebrahim & Company.
November 2000 to October 2005
Established Law firm in the name of Faisal Arab & Associates.
October 2004 to October 2005
Worked as Standing Counsel for the Federation of Pakistan.
Elevated to the Bench of Sindh High Court
25th October 2005, Elevated as Additional Judge, of High Court of Sindh.
25th October 2006, Appointed as Permanent Judge, of High Court of Sindh.
- 21st November, 2009, appointed as Member, Election Commission
- 16th of June, 2011, appointed as Member (3), Federal Review Board
- 20th of November, 2013, appointed as President, Special Court for trial of offence of high treason under the High Treason (Punishment) Act, 1973
- 12th of July, 2014, again appointed as Member (2) Federal Review Board
- 17th of July, 2014, appointed as Acting Chief Justice, Sindh High Court
Appointed as Chief Justice of the Province of Sindh:
On 17th February 2015.
Elevated as Judge, Supreme Court of Pakistan:
On 14th December 2015.